Monday, December 12, 2011

What happens when you want to take AP programs but your school only offers IB programs?

I am going to be a freshman this year but I am freaking out because the school that I am likely going to transfer promotes IB programs. Students around me are telling me that IB is harder than AP and it requires hard work stuff like that. I heard too much already. I want to take AP courses when I become a junior, but I don't see any hope for that because all the schools in that region only has IB programs. They don't have dual programs. What happens? Am I then forced to take IB?|||If they don't have Ap then you can't take AP. I'm doing IB and it's challenging, but if you actually do your homework and pay attention in class (usually), you'll be fine. Honestly, doing IB was worth it. I can actually write now, and I've improved so much.|||Don't be a wimp and sign up for the IB program. My school had them both and they're really not that different in terms of the difficulty of work, I just found that IB had more of it. Worst case, you can tell your school you don't wish to continue in IB, they can't deny you. Best case you have an internationally recognized diploma that is respected by all colleges.|||You take the IB program.

No comments:

Post a Comment