Monday, December 12, 2011

An...odd... Email, which has been sent to me is a bit terrifying to me..?

Okay, so i check my email about every other day because i keep in contact with my Childhood friends, and Well, i got this strange Email, And -since i always read the emails i get- i opened it and read it. it was a bit strange, and she was talking to me like she had always known me, calling me Dear. I assumed it was my Pen-pals friend, and i responded with: "Um, hello, i am happy to have an email, but i am terribly sorry, i do not recall who you are or whom you work for.... I am replying to your email as a sign that i have read and even re-read it. If you are someone i know, even if i do not recall the name, please Tell me as to how we came to meet, i am Quite busy and have a hectic life, so i meet a lot of people, and my email is even posted on some sights, so i would like for you to explain about the email you sent me. Please take no offense in this friendly E-Mail" i was trying to be friendly and not offend her, but then she replied, ignoring my Questions above and wrote this: "from Rwanda East Africa Region and presently i am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the the killing of my family by the rebels on last year please don't be discouraged for hearing this.I believe deep down inside me that you will never break my heart or let me down in anyway.I am from the family of late Dr Dion Benson. My late father Dr Dion Benson, was chairman managing director (BENSON INDUSTRIAL COMPANY LTD),in Kigali the capital of my. The brutal killing of my mother and my father, one kid sister and kid brother took place one early morning by the rebels as a result of the civil war that is going on until now in Rwanda. I was in my second year in Applied Mathematics department of University of Kigali in Rwanda before the death of my loved Parents. I contacted you for a possible help. My step mother was a very wicked woman and she intend to kill me since my father and my real biological mother is died. Then she planned to take away all my late father's property and some other valuable find my way out of my country because I have seen what she is planning to do to me. I things from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Parents. Meanwhile I wanted to thereby plan to go to Europe, but she hide my international passport and other valuable traveling documents. Luckily she did not found where I kept my fathers File which contains important documents.





I managed to escape with the documents which covers my late father's deposited money$3.7 MD(three million seven hundred thousand dollas). which he use my name as the next of kin. Meanwhile,I am still residing here as a refugee under the UNITED NATIONS COUNCIL FOR REFUGEES, i am saddled with the problem of securing a trust worthy foreign personality to help me transfer the money from the bank pending my arrival in your country. I will like to see you face to face soon.Furthermore, on your wish you can contact the bank for confirmation and you can communicate directly with them regarding this fund of my late father which was deposited in their custody. I am giving you this offer as mentioned with every confidence on your acceptance to assist me retrieve the money from the bank and transfer to your nominated account. I will like to further my studies as soon as i arrive to your country, please try to help me to achieve this goal as i have a desire to become a famous personality in the nearest future. I will be pleased if you can do this for me." I have cut off some information because it does have a phone number, address, name, and Age in there. this is NOT my pen-pals friend because when i wrote to her about this, she said that it was a scary and slightly threatening E-mail.


And please keep in mind that i am only 14! I am trying to be rational about this, but this was just going to far, she keeps requesting money, and mentioning how she killed her family... Every Email is different, revising that story. And i can't just simply ignore this, that's not who i am! Please...Help me.|||Definitely a scam





This is a classic 419 or 'advance fee fraud' scam. The girl doesn't exist, the millions of dollars don't exist, and the dead father doesn't and never has existed.





You are speaking to a guy in an internet cafe, probably in Dakar, but also possibly in Nigeria or Ghana, or even Burkina Faso.





DO NOT CONTINUE TO EMAIL THIS PERSON. Do not give out any details like addresses or phone numbers, and most of all, DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY, no matter how much they ask for or how persistant.





If you have further questions about this scam, then look at http://www.scamwarners.com|||It's a long running scam that almost everyone has received. DO NOT answer it for any reason. It's a scam to steal your jmoney and identity





DO NOT reply to this person - they are not a refugee, they do not have money in the bank, they do not need your assistance. They are phishing to try and find people who are stupid enough to give their bank account details for the "transfer" but instead hack your account and steal all of your money and start committing new crimes in your name using your identity





Google Senegal Refugee Scam - this scam has been around more than 10 years. I'm actually surprised this is the first time you got such a message as I get them every week


http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en%26amp;q=s鈥?/a>





There are NO refugee camps in Dakar.





Just do not open any other emails from people you do not know for any reason - this is the #1 rule of the internet. If you don't know them NEVER open their emails

No comments:

Post a Comment