Thursday, December 8, 2011

How do you maintain happiness?

Recently I have had at least two experiences that have made me extremely happy and comfortable with myself, which is strange since I usually am insecure and care to much what people think of me. The first was a week long community service trip in the Appalachian Region, which I thought was going to be absolutely life changing (and to a degree it was), but I have trouble living by the lessons I learned and truly accepting them. Lessons that came from deep conversation with kids I can trust, and interaction with genuine, friendly people who don't care what you look like. Lessons like don't be judgmental, and don't regard the opinions of judgmental people, doing what you want without regret and being nice and friendly to everyone. I felt unbelievably happy for that week, (constantly being with people, doing productive work and having no pressure) like I went to bed every night thinking about how great life was. I came back, kind of lost it but not totally. Last week was my birthday. The night before was just sort of majestic. I really gained that feeling of happiness and saw the beauty in life. On my birthday I had that same happiness. It came from the loving of others, the openness and the recognition of beauty in all things. Then I started going to Drivers Ed class. I go to a private school so I only know the 3 kids in my class who go there with me. One of them is totally silent, the other two are sort of townies and only hang out with kids from my town. They are isolated from the private school crowd. So they know these public school kids and act like them but I don't. One of the kids I go to school with is a huge asshole and is spreading this rumor to them that is totally untrue and really caused me some hell in the past few years. Its terrible I hate being laughed at by everybody and listening to lies. Plus I have nothing to say back, since I suck at fighting that kind of **** and end up always digging myself into a hole. All I have on him is that he's fat, cause he is. Usually I would say how everyone at our school hates him, and how he has to transfer (I forgot to mention hes transferring back to public school) because he couldn't make any friends at our school and was to much of an idiot to maintain his grades. But, since were around public school kids, it would just make me look like a douche.Anyway, these rumors and treatment suddenly bring back that old insecurity and now I feel completely miserable again. Plus I've sort of changed since I went to private school. Like I used to play basketball and lacrosse and was a total bball player, but now play football and lax and totally focus on lax since my school is like nationally ranked for it. So now I dress like a lacrosse player (mid-calf socks, lacrosse shorts, pastel shorts) but not like a total lax bro just cause I'm not. I only wear the athletic equipment not the backwards hats, and pinnies. And since these kids aren't used to this style they think im being a poser and trying to be exactly like this guy:





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqg01Nk3SYI


Which im not. They just don't realize that You can dress like a lacrosse player and not be a "lax bro". I hate feeling like a poser and having people look at me like that because I know its not true and goes against everything I've learned in the past few weeks. Anyway, how do I get over this hunch, regain that happiness (since it feels hopeless right now) and defeat this ******* rumor.





Thanks alot guys please excuse the rant|||Ok well I can tell you that the reason that most people say mean terrible things is becuase 1-they feel bad about them selves and 2-they are trying to impress others so that the same thing doesnt happen to them!It is hard but you have to believe in yourself and be happy that you are not like these other people it is easier said then done!It is very hard also to contain complete happiness I believe the only way to truly be happy is threw GOD and not trying to please others but pleaseing GOD,he is your advicate and will always truly love and take care of you!If you know you are a good person you have to truly believe that and be yourself and dress how you want and most defenitly dont let them know they are bothering you!Just be yourself and dont worry about the rummors people who truly know you will know that they are not true and those are the people that matter the most!Pray about it,read in your Bible and realize that GOD has a purpose for you and your life!|||um do they all KNOW that u actually PLAY lacrosse? maybe that would help...

No comments:

Post a Comment