Monday, December 12, 2011

Is this online job opportunity illegal?

I recently received an random email that asked for a much needed mail dispatcher. The email says it will pay $300 a week and that it is purely an online job in which I just have to follow instructions from emails. I accepted the job offer and asked about more details. He gave me an international auditing company's website as the employer of my services (see http://www.cn-c.com/index.asp?cat=1%26amp;lang=EN ). Seeing as the website looked legitimate, I decide to carry on with pursuing this job opportunity. He explained the responsibilities to me: I would be ordering the materials needed for other employers in my region of the country (USA). He then emails me that I am being emailed a check from the company. With this check I am to deposit it into my bank account and keep my included $300 salary but withdraw the remainder of the money and put it into a Western Union account and complete a wire transfer to a city across the country from me ( I am in Tucson, AZ and I am to wire money to an account in Sewell, NJ). Also, the man calls me on the phone (has a strange accent) from a number in New Jersey (which I look up and it is 15 minutes away from Sewell, NJ). I feel like I am somehow involved in an illegal wiring of money but I have no way of telling.





Someone help me out, I don't want to be involved in some sketchy business. Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.|||NEVER ACCEPT ANY "RANDOM" JOB! ESPECIALLY FROM SOMEONE THAT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!!! Sounds very suspicious to me!


Try reporting it or something. Do a little research on it AND BE CAUTIOUS!!|||https://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs25a-J鈥?/a>





Read this article, it is scam. You will never see a dime of money, but will end up losing money since the "check" they send you is bogus and your bank account will end up to be NSF since the funds do not exist.





good luck|||This isn't a job opportunity, it's a scam and a common one. The check they send you will bounce eventually even if it looks good, and you'll be out whatever you sent by the wire transfer.





Get out, now.|||Don't send him any money and don't cash that check it's a scam.|||Dont do it... Dont even take the chance , regardless.|||Its a scam|||Well if they ask you to pay any sorts money then it is a scam but from what u have said it sounds legit|||"a random email".... think about it!! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment