Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hi, I got my L1B converted to H1B thru a consultant. Can I apply for jobs on my own ?

This is a bit confusing as my consultant said I could still work on my L1 status till 6 months. NOw I am specifically looking for jobs in a specific region where my consultant doesn't have clients.


1) Can I look out on myself ? What process is required to get the H1B transferred to the new firm as I have not started working with the consultant's firm yet?


2) Any idea on what policies rule while resigning from the current company while on L1 generally? Does the 2 weeks notice period work for them?





Thanks in advance.|||You had better go see an aila lawyer ...if you got an H1B its tied to one employer



do not believe a consultant ..especially if they are Indian ...|||Please look at the start date on your H1B, if you see a present or past start date; your Status is already changed to H1B and you may not work from your L1 Employer.





1) In order to Transfer H1B, you will need pay stubs from the present H1B Employer.





2) It depends on the Employer Policy.





Not a Legal Advice|||The H1B visa always belongs to the employer, it doesnt belong to you and if you leave that job then the visa is cancelled, it in non-transeferable.

No comments:

Post a Comment