Thursday, December 15, 2011

I am a junior Elementary Education major, and I love kids, but I really want a career that lets me to travel?

I am seriously considering what I'm doing with my life at this point and it is tormenting me. I transferred to a CSU from a UC in January 2009, which probably doesn't seem like a wise transition in the eyes of many, but I did this because I really wanted to go to a smaller school and get out of Southern California. Anyhow, after debating what I should study, I decided to go with Elementary Education because I love children and feel that this country needs to get its educational priorities on track. However, my goal in life is to find a job that allows me to travel to different regions in the world. I just discovered the field of geography and now I wish I would have majored in that instead. This is my problem.





First of all, I feel like I really messed up by transferring from UC Irvine to Humboldt State University. Although I love HSU, I feel like it won't look good on my resume, compared to a UC grad. Secondly, I've been thinking about going for a second Bachelor's degree in Geography at a different college after I graduate. Otherwise, I'm considering going into a graduate program for education. Which option is better?|||Department of Defense has schools all over. You can teach and travel too.

No comments:

Post a Comment