Monday, December 12, 2011

NHL Center Ice Online, Can I get it in my area??! ?

Currently I reside in Southwestern Ontario, where Rogers seems to own rights to the Air we breathe.


I am a Canucks fan, and Hockey is a big part of my life. Last year I dealt with rogers and got the 'Super Sports Pack'. Which was OK, but Rogers are ripoff artists and I will no longer deal with them.


SO.


Im aware that NHL Center Ice is now available Online, however when I try to signup, it tells me its not available in my region, when I call the 1800# I get a messege that says "We are currently closed, we will reopen tomorrow at 1pm" Well, after 3 1pm's rolled by I got sick of that messege largely.





If anyone has any info, or has purchased Center Ice in Ontario, Please I have a few questions.


1.) How do i purchase it exactly? As I cant seem to login.


2.) Will the 'Black out restrictions' stop me from seeing Canuck games?


3.) How is the quality , I have a HD vid card, that is connected to my LCD Bigscreen via HDMI, will the quality transfer decently??





Any help or advice is very much appreciated. As again I wont go back to Rogers.|||I'll try to answer your questions (I'm in New Brunswick).





1) I'd try again in a couple weeks once the season starts; I was trying to find out if there is going to be a free preview again this year and I couldn't find anything on the site.





2) Nope they will stop you from seeing games on CBC and TSN (including Canucks game); as well as Leaf games on Sportsnet and Leafs TV. So all Canucks games not on CBC and TSN will be available for viewing in Ontario. The rules are the same as the TV version of Centre Ice.





3) I can't guarantee you anything on this. I can tell you that I've watched a couple games on this before; and their quality is better than CBC's Olympic streaming if you watched any of that. It is way better than the quality of CBC's Hockey Night in Canada steams.





I hope I helped. If you have any more questions let me know.





EDIT: I'm getting the same message as you. The reason is because they haven't updated the service since the playoffs, which aren't available in Canada because TSN, RDS and CBC own exclusive rights. So as I said earlier try again closer to the season.|||you can try this site it streams live and you have to download the player however i do not know what the quality is like never had watch it im spoiled i watch all 82 regular season Canadiens games on RDS for free and in HD.


http://myp2p.eu/NHL.htm|||Try DirecTv.com





If your TV supports "full" HD you should have a great picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment