Monday, December 12, 2011

What are my chances of getting into NYU?

I applied as a transfer student from Massachusetts to major in Journalism and I should get a decision this week.





I have a gpa in the 3.3 region, I have excellent recomendations and I wrote an amazing essay and answered the 6 extra questions on the essay perfectly!





NYU requested my high school transcript which I don't understand why since I have been out ouf high school for about 6 years now. I am guessing they needed it to prove that I graduated. My high school transcript was a mess because I was a mess in high school. I got a D, C's, and an F! Not because I was not smart I was just going through some bad emotional problems. I needed someone to save me but luckily I saved myself.





I just hope that they do not go by my 6 year old high school; transcript and instead focus on my college transcript.





What do you think my chances are for getting in to Nyu for journalism?|||Since so much time has elapsed, they should focus on your College work.





BTW...if you have fewer than 60 credits, then they need to see your high school work, even if you'd graduated 15 years ago.|||Do you think I'd get into Massachusetts? I have a 3.6 but I just got a 2.8 in first aid XD


in any event they will most likely focus on your college work and a 3.3 in college is much better than a 3.3 in college. maybe they will see your great upward trend in your GPA (versus having a good gpa in hs and then slacking in college)...


anyway good luck|||You might get in, but why bother? Journalism is dying.


You would know this if you read the newspapers...|||well the nifty part of this query is that we are providing reassurance rather than utility; You could possibly read an article I read at Atlantic Magazine from the 90s that talked about how well known schools actually make note of people travelling hundreds of miles to visit their schools or have conversations with their faculty; If you like you could do those things as they actually are a part of the process





even a bizarre activity like taking a credit or two from them online could make a difference; just fill out the online form, then write them a paper letter to "update" your application Be careful to study diligently if you take classes online





Also They might have an area specializations so if you do some wild thing like interview people then publish on youtube they might like you even more a quick visit http://www.nyu.edu/academics/undergradua鈥?/a> suggests they like initiative





actually you could also just stand on street corners shouting "its all a huge illusion, hide!" Or find a cause

No comments:

Post a Comment