Thursday, December 15, 2011

Transferring from lower level university to a top 50 university, can it be done?

So my high school years were not the best. I was a C student my 9th and 10th grade years but an A student my 11th and 12th grade years. Didn't have much help in the college admissions game, made a 1790 on my SAT, and I was not able to have the good picks. Rejected from my state university (UGA) and I was accepted into some out of state colleges but the out of state tuition kicked in and we found that we couldn't afford it.





Well now I will be heading to the local tier 4 University, I really believe that I have improve significantly, I attended a magnet school so classes were tougher and I didn't have much prep for the SAT. In the honors program at the university I will be attending.





Hypothetically speaking: Say I manage to maintain a 4.0 GPA at the university I will be attending, put together a good resume (volunteer work and ECs), retake the SAT with prep and make around a 2000 SAT score, would I be able to get into a top 50 university?





Also I am looking to get into one that is out of state, kind of bored of Georgia and hoping to get to a newer state, preferably a newer region (upper south or maybe Northeast).|||a thousand times yes. just because you ask a million times doesn't mean the answer will change. it can be done and has been done. you can do it, too, if you pay attention to your studies and stop asking the same questions a frillion times.





love,


someone who transferred from a crappy state school to the ivy league|||The best college finder is http://TopEducationFinder.info





You should try them.It's totally free , and it is the most trusted online company for finding education.





Really hope I'll help|||If you maintain a 4.0 GPA and have extracurricular activities you will definitely be able to transfer to a top 50 university. Many of the ones I've done research on, in particular, the different Universities of California, are in the top 50 and do not have extremely high requirements. However, you should contact the school you wish to transfer to in order to obtain more information. In addition, you won't need to retake the SAT to transfer. (Even if you had, however, schools like UC Davis which is currently ranked 44, I believe, have an average SAT score of 1700 or 1800).

No comments:

Post a Comment